Saturday, February 16, 2019

Signs...

Back to the signs I missed when I was blind with love and affection for this man. I once made the comment in front of him and a couple of my friends that my family always came first, his response was "not when we are together".  He would start to show signs of jealousy in regards to my friends and family and when I wanted to spend time with them. When I was with them he would text me constantly to see what I was doing and when I would be done. He slowly but surely would plan things so it would be just he and I and maybe a friend of his but not mine. I was being seperated and distanced from the ones I loved, things got worse once I moved in with him. He would tell me how they didn't want the best for me and were jealous of the love we had and the things we did.  I was so blinded and confused by him that I started to believe these things and withdrew from the people that would speak truth into my life and lost a couple friends along the way because of this. He would weave these wild tales of things he and his friends had done and talk like he had even been in the military and had taken lives of people that had done wrong just to scare me into submission.  This man had my flight or fight sense so on edge I couldn't relax and was even losing sleep.  He would also talk incessantly about the wrongs people had done to him and how he was going to exact revenge.  I was always talking him off the ledge and reassuring him how wonderful he was and how wrong they were and that they didn't deserve the energy he was putting into going over these perceived wrongs.  He would tell me I was silly and sometimes dumb for thinking that way but would relish in the pictures I painted of how wonderful he was, how much better he was then other people, I was feeding into his delusions of grandeur.


1 comment:

  1. He's a narcissistic lunatic. Been there honey! We could tell stories and see who dated the worst guy lol Glad you are away from him. It's hard to trust again, but you will get there.

    ReplyDelete