Thursday, February 14, 2019

The webs we weave...

The definition of a narcissist is:

Definition of narcissistic



: of, relating to, or characterized by narcissism: such as
a : extremely self-centered with an exaggerated sense of self-importance : marked by or characteristic of excessive admiration of or infatuation with oneself a narcissistic personality.
 
Little did I know this is who I was falling in love with, he said all the right things and bought all the right gifts.  In the beginning there were dinners out, flowers, romantic weekend getaways and even a vacation to the Smokey Mountains.  I'm not going to lie, this guy literally swept me off my feet. Looking back and after much research I realize he was doing what is known as "love bombing".  Showering me with affection that I was starving for and romance I ached for, even telling me he loved me almost right off the bat. I fell head over heals in love and thought I had found the man of my dreams. See, I thought I would never find someone to love me, someone to spend the rest of my life with and to take care of me the way someone who loves you does. I think this way of thinking goes back to a not so great childhood, which we will talk about later in this blog. But when I was in the thick of things I didn't notice just how much he talked about himself, puffed himself up to be something so important.  One of his favorite sayings about the small town he lives in is that he was shark swimming in a mud puddle, the big man on campus so to speak. He would tell me wild tales of things he had done and places he had been and the adventures that awaited the two of us. Oh the many signs I missed along the way that this man was not who he seemed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment