Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The beginning of the end

Things got worse, he was having trouble at his job, like on the TV news kind of  trouble.  He kept telling himself, me and whomever would listen what a great person he was and how lucky we all were to know him or work with him.  One night we were at dinner with two of his friends when he started going off on how he was going to get even with the people that were against him.  One of  his friends had the nerve to disagree with him on this point and he lost it and stormed out of the restaurant without me (thank God we had taken separate cars).  So there I am sitting with his friends and they are looking at me like what am I going to do about him.  I told them good night and left the restaurant and drove home slowly, I had a lot to think about.  I decided then that I didn't want to be with him anymore, this was not the life I had imagined.  I didn't know how I was going to end it but I knew I had to and I started to pray that God would help me be strong and do what needed to be done. 

After we got home and he was done raging and ranting about all the wrongs people had done to him in his life, I started to get my nerve up.  We were sitting on opposite sides of the living room when I felt a literal kind of push and I just blurted it out that I didn't want to be with him and in that house anymore.  He lost his shit big time.  There was more raging and ranting about how I would never find anyone as good as him and that I didn't deserve it if I did.  Then as I started to pack a few things, the tears came.  He started begging me to not leave to please stay and give our love a chance.  But I stayed strong and packed some stuff and went on my way.  On the way to my parents house that night he called me non stop switching from telling me how awful I was to telling me how much he needed me.  I finally turned my phone off and went to try and get some sleep, I knew the next few days, until I got all my stuff, were going to be very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment