Wednesday, February 13, 2019

How it all began

I'm not really sure how this whole blog thing goes but I wanted to start one in hopes of helping at least one other person out there.  My journey on Match.com started almost a year ago and has left with me a few funny stories as well as a few scars.  Let's not start with the heavy stuff and instead start with a little light comedy about some of the weirdo's that are out there trolling the dating world.  My first "match" started with someone I kind of new was not the real deal but was kind of hoping for the best.  That ended rather quickly when he asked me for $10,000 to get him out of a business deal that went wrong.  Needless to say if I had that kind of money just laying around I sure in the hell would not give it to someone  whom I had never in my life met in person.  Follow that with numerous "matches" that were wrong on so many levels.  Some were as young as 18 while others were mysterious men from a far hoping to trap a trusting woman in their treacherous webs of deceit.

Throwing caution to the wind I stayed with the online dating world a little longer waiting for my Prince Charming.  And then finally, I thought, I had found the perfect one.  He was charming, charismatic and said all the right things.  Little did I know he would turn out to be the biggest deceiver of all and break me in more ways then I thought possible.  I have to go for now, but please stay tuned as I continue to share my journey.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... can’t wait to hear more. I’ll be waiting with “baited breath!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I have some stories too! Guys with no teeth for the most part lol, guys from other countries who wants who knows what but were just weird, guys whose wife just died but he needs another wife fast, druggies, etc. I had one long term bf from one of the online dating services and ask my friends and family, he's a nut lol. So I'm not getting on any more. I tell people now when they ask why I don't do online dating, "God will have to drop some man in my lap, because I'm not going to meet him at church or work, and I don't go to bars, but it will be someone God chooses because I suck at it. lol

    ReplyDelete